Exploring topics to Encourage Women that we are Loved and Empowered by God to serve however Holy Spirit leads us
• The Potter and the Clay
• Women on the Edge
• Character Studies
• Women! Break Free!
• Christian Apologetics
Women On The Edge
Studies of Women on the Edges of the Bible Stories We Think We Know
Teaching Series by Stacie Forest
The Women who stood by Jesus
Loyal, humble, faithful, courageous, obedient – the female followers of Jesus saw what others did not see, responded to Jesus’ call, and did not hold back their devotion.
Sarah & Hagar
A closer look at the stories of both Sarah and Hagar – women who are seen, protected, and fulfilled by God.
Rachel & Leah
Two women in a family soap opera of manipulation, jealousy, anger, and dysfunction. But within the brokenness, sorrow, and despair of these two women, we can find hope, and possibly even a happy ending.
Tamar and Potiphar’s Wife
Women who used seduction to get what they wanted, but one is called righteous and the other called wicked. There is more to these stories than meets the eye.
Deborah and Jael
Deborah was a Prophet, Judge, Military Leader, and songwriter. Jael is described much more simply. She was a wife and she had a hammer.
But what these two accomplished changed the history of a nation.
She was picked on and dismissed and falsely accused and even got “mansplained” a bit, but the moment when she felt seen and heard by God changed everything.
The most infamous of all the female Bible figures, some believe her to be the embodiment of evil sensuality, witchcraft, hatred of male authority, manipulation, and even refer to “the Jezebel spirit” as a demonic stronghold in the minds of people.
Was she eaten by dogs for good reason or was she simply a misunderstood queen?
Athalia and Jehosheba
The wicked queen, a courageous princess, and a little prince … this story has all the elements of a Hollywood movie.
These two women made quick decisions (one for her own self interests and the other for someone else) that affected a nation.
A deacon and trusted deliverer of the message to the Romans by Paul.
Women like Phoebe and Junia and Lydia and many others who were Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers changed the world with the Gospel, and continue to change it today
Women On The Edge – Resources
Podcast:: The Bible Binge – Rachel and Leah
Article:: Deborah and the Truth about Women in Leadership
« Part 1. “The LORD will hand over Sisera to a woman”
» Part 2: Sexual and Maternal Imagery in Jael’s Story
» Part 3: Jael, Mary, and Jesus’ Crucifixion
Video:: Hannah – Waiting on God
A Biblical Case for Egalitarianism in 500 Words – Marg Mowczko
The Potter and the Clay
“We are the clay, and you are our potter.
All of us are the work of your hand.” ~Isaiah 64:8
Teaching Series by Stacie Forest
1 – God, our Creator
A look at who God is as our Creator.
2 – We are the Clay
Clay is a perfect metaphor for who we are as God’s creation; pliable and able to become beautiful vessels.
3 – Pressure
Just like clay must undergo constant pressure on the potter’s wheel, the disciple Peter is an example of how we are being shaped and molded by God, our Master Potter.
4 – Fire
Fire is the final stage for a potter in creating a vessel, and it is a great metaphor for how the Master Potter strengthens us to be used for His purposes.
5 – Small Things
In Matthew 13:31-33, Jesus tells two parables about very small things that have a huge effect
In pottery, very small things can also have a big effect.
Women, Break Free!
Loved and empowered by God to serve however the Holy Spirit leads us
Teaching Series by Stacie Forest
1 – Does God Like Boys Better Than Girls?
Women – Are they the weaker sex? Does God intend for them to be subordinate to men? Why is this issue important?
2 – What Does It Mean To Be Human?
A deep dive into Genesis 1-3 to look at how Eve was created as the Ezer Kenegdo/rescuer/necessary ally for Adam, and to connect with God and be His image on the earth.
3 – WDWD (What Did Women Do)
A look at some of the powerful women of the Old Testament who did not sit at home and keep silent.
4 – Jesus and Women
The relationship Jesus had with the many women who were a part of His earthly ministry.
5 – Paul and Women
The relationship Paul had with the women who were a part of his ministry.
6 – Power Up!
Women as superheroes.
And how 1 Timothy 2 is used to put women into ungodly subjugation.
7 – Who’s the Boss?
The myth of “headship”, Ephesians 5, and the truth of equality in marriage.
8 – The Bible Translations Game
How Bible translations are manipulated to promote the patriarchal agenda.
9 – Purity Culture
How Evangelical Purity Culture movement has effected women.
10 – Rizpah, faithful protector
A brief discussion on Divorce and the effects of religious language on those in abusive marriages. And a look at the story of Rizpah, a woman who continued to protect her family through the trauma of grief.
11 – Woman of Valor
What is the “Woman of Valor” in Proverbs 31? A physically, emotionally, spiritually, and mentally strong woman.
12 – Genesis 3~The Fall
Genesis 3:16 is a verse many use to tell women they must be in permanent submission to men. We take a look at the truth behind what God was saying to Eve.
13 – Vashti, Esther, and Identity
Both Vashti and Esther confronted the wrongs they encountered but each did it in their own way. How do you find your Identity and courage to confront the wrongs happening to you or others?
14 – Martha~Friend of Jesus
The story of Martha is an amazing transformation of one who discovered the friendship, love, and power of a savior, and became one of the most powerful voices that we see in the Gospels.
15 – Zipporah-Problem Solver
With the flick of a knife, Zipporah saved her husband Moses from God’s anger. She understood her husband’s call, as well as the love and mercy of God, and in that moment connected them both. Her discernment, courage, and action saved Moses and the Hebrew nation.
16 – The Potter and the Clay
A look at what it means to be clay in the hands of the Master Potter.
17 – Abigail
Her brains and courage saved her household and a future king.
18 – Mary & Elizabeth
The pure prophetic power that happens when these two meet up is possibly the most profound relationship connection we can read about in our Bible.
• Video:: Why Talk About Faith, Gender and Culture?
• Video:: Why have women been silenced in the Church?
• Video::: Why women should be church leaders and preachers
• Egalitarianism: The Big Picture
• Short Articles:: Lee Grady
• Short Articles:: The Junia Project
• Short Articles:: Marg Mowzcko
• Article:: Calling out sexual harrassment: The implications of complementarianism
• Article:: How Gender Roles Contribute to Abuse
• Article:: Mighty Woman of God, Katherine Bushnell
• Article:: Differences between Complementarian and Egalitarian theologies
• Book Excerpt:: The Making of Biblical Womanhood
• History:: The Danvers Statement
• Blog:: God as Father and Mother
The “Difficult” Passages
• 1 Timothy 2:12 – Can women be pastors, preachers, teachers in church?
• Ephesians 5:22-23 – Are husbands the “head” of the wife?
• 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 – Are women allowed to teach in church?
• Genesis 3:16 – A woman’s desire
• What to say when someone says ‘Wives are to submit’
• Bible Translation:: Will a Truly Honest Bible Translation for Women Ever Be Made? part 1 part 2
• Bible Translation:: Gender Politics in the ESV Translation
• Bible Translation:: Which Bible Translation is Best?
• Bible Translation:: video- Be Careful of The Passion Translation
• Purity Culture:: How Evangelical Purity Culture Can Lead to a Lifetime of Sexual Shame
• Purity Culture:: Resources and Links
• Purity Culture:: Video – Sex, Purity Culture, Marriage, and Singleness: Is the Church Getting it Wrong?
• Blog:: Struggling in your marriage or with Sex?
• Rizpah:: Faithful protector
• Podcast:: The Rise and Fall of Mars Hill
• Music Video:: Girl Who Didn’t Care – Tenille Townes
~ APOLOGETICS ~
What We Believe
Why We Believe It
What to Do with It
Digging Deeper to find Answers to the Tough Questions
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.
~1 Peter 3:15
1 – Why study Apologetics
2 – Evidence for Existence of God
3 – Evidence for Existence of God
Fine-Tuning, Design and Moral Arguments
4 – Worldviews
5 – The Reliability of the Bible
6 – Evidence for Jesus
Archaeology, Miracles, Prophecies
7 – Evidence for the Resurrection
8 – Holy Spirit
9 – The Weird and Difficult Bible
10- Homosexuality and Sexual Identity
A very basic look at what current evangelical Christianity says about homosexuality and sexual identity, how Jesus wants us to love, and how the next generation is looking at these issues.
The Difficult Parts of the Bible
• Article:: Why did God punish the Canaanites for child sacrifice, when He personally ORDERED Abraham to do it?
• Blog posts:: The Bible is Pretty Weird
• Video series:: Character of God
Difficult Topics:: Sex and Gender Issues
• 9 Essays: Scot McKnight, Jesus and Homosexuality
• Letter:: J.K. Rowling on Sex and Gender Issues
• Article: How to Make Moral Decisions
• NT Wright Podcast:: Christian sexual ethics, homosexuality and transgender
• Video:: NT Wright – Biblical perspective on homosexuality
• Book:: When Harry Became Sally, Ryan T. Anderson
• Book:: A War of Loves, David Bennett
• Website:: Revoice
• Video:: Christians and the LGBTQ Conversation
• Article:: Is there evidence for Jesus outside the Bible?
• Article:: Resurrection evidence
• List:: 9 evidences for the Resurrection
• YouTube series:: Mike Licona
• Article:: 9 reasons Jesus is called Passover Lamb
• Article:: The Bible Was Not Written To You
• List:: Books on the Reliability of the Bible
• Book:: Mike Bird, Seven Things I Wish Christians Knew about the Bible
• Worldviews Comparison Chart
• Podcast: How to Teach Your Kids about Non-Christian Worldviews
• Dr. Stephen Meyer – Signature in the Cell
• Dr. William Lane Craig – Creation Out of Nothing
• Nancy Pearcey – Love Thy Body
• Sean McDowell – So the Next Generation Will Know
• Scot McKnight – The Blue Parakeet
• Robert Heidler – Experiencing the Spirit
• Beth Allison Barr – The Making of Biblical Womanhood
• 65 Apologetics Questions Every Christian Parent Needs to Learn to Answer
• Book:: Cold Case Christianity for Kids
• Book:: Natasha Crain – Talking with Your Kids About God
• Books:: Melissa Cain Travers – Young Defenders series
• Books:: Dr. Craig series
• Article:: Discipling our kids
• Who Is Gen Z
Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or would like more info on a particular topic.
Image of God
Why Talk About Faith, Gender, and Culture?
The Case for Christ
An Introduction to Worldviews
The Fine-Tuning of the Universe
Bombardier Beetle Defies Evolution
Why are the Dead Sea Scrolls so Important?
The Kalam Cosmological Argument
Part 1: Scientific
The Kalam Cosmological Argument
Part 2: Philosophical